2 cups flour
2 T. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice*)
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ cups milk
1 tsp. maple flavoring
1 cup canned pumpkin (puree, not pumpkin mix)
4 eggs, separated
¼ cup melted margarine or butter
- Sift together all dry ingredients
- Combine milk, pumpkin, egg yolks and butter or margarine
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients – just until blended
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture
- Put about 1/3 cup batter onto a hot, lightly-greased griddle – cook until top is bubbly
- Turn and cook on other side
- Top with butter and syrup
- Serves 5
*Make 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice: Combine ½ tsp. cinnamon, ¼ tsp. ginger, 1/8 tsp. each of cloves and nutmeg
Apple Cider Syrup
½ cup sugar & 1 T. cornstarch & 1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup apple cider & ½ tsp. lemon extract & ½ tsp. butter flavoring
2 T. butter
Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
Stir in apple cider, lemon extract and butter flavoring.
Cook over medium heat until it boils and boil until it thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve hot over pumpkin pancakes.